Old, worn floors can take away from a home’s appearance and reduce its value, which may be part of the reason that so many homeowners are choosing to have new floors installed in their homes. However, low-quality and poorly installed floors can reduce home value. If you are looking to upgrade your floors and your home’s value, consider these five popular options.
1. Waterproof Flooring for Kitchens and Baths
Waterproof flooring is attractive, functional, and durable. It can withstand spills and messes much better than other types of floors and is available in a variety of materials, finishes, and styles. Luxury vinyl flooring in “planks” (lvp) and “tile” (lvt) have become very popular choices in places like a bathroom or kitchen, because they are so waterproof, durable and affordable. Contact Hardwood Giant for an LVP or LVT quote in your home!
2. Solid Hardwood
A newly finished hardwood floor can completely transform a home and make it more attractive. The Hardwood Giant carries a vast selection of top-quality hardwood floors that can make your home stand out. We can help you select the correct species of wood, stains, and finish to upgrade your home from a selection that includes:
- Unfinished hardwoods: Typically made from oak, hickory, pine, ash, or maple, these floors can be finished to your specifications once installed by our technicians.
- Exotic hardwoods: In addition to traditional species of flooring, we also carry several kinds of exotic wood, such as Brazilian pecan, bamboo, Brazilian cherry, and teak.
- Hand-scraped floor planks: A truly distinctive floor with the look of old-world craftsmanship, each piece is finished by hand to bring out the material’s best qualities.
- Distressed finish: These floors have a similar look to hand-scraped at a much more affordable price because the finish is factory-created.
3. Engineered Wood
Like traditional solid hardwood flooring, engineered wood is also made entirely of wood. However, it is composed of multiple layers of wood veneer. That means you can have an incredibly durable floor made from an affordable variety of hardwood, with a top layer in an exotic — and much more costly — species.
4. Luxury Vinyl Plank
Durable, attractive, and soft underfoot, luxury vinyl is not the same as the vinyl flooring of previous generations. Modern printing techniques mean that these planks accurately mimic higher-cost products, such as hardwood, stone, and tile. It is also very affordable, making it an attractive choice for people looking to recoup the costs of a new floor.
5. Laminate Flooring
If you are looking for a floor that offers the look and feel of hardwood at a lower price point, laminate may be the way to go. It is made from fiberboard material laminated with a finished layer. It is durable and requires little maintenance, making it an excellent floor for busy families and people with pets.
When you are ready to shop for the best quality floors designed to stand the test of time, the Hardwood Giant is here to help you find the perfect one for your home.
Contact us online or call our team of professionals at (704) 251-7279 to discuss your options and start your new flooring project today!